Here's a recent vette we had the chance to work on.
She had sat outside for a year & not receive much TLC for some time.
She's a daily so perfection wasn't practical nor the goal, but boy did we make her a whole lot better!
As always, wheels & tires are up first! After a few intense cleaning passes we were able to remove years of brake dust.
Here you can see the "bleeding" effect from our wheel cleaner chemically dissolving the embedded iron particles on the wheel
We then gave the car a thorough wash, after whcih we clayed, irod deposit removal on paint, washed again, & dried the car.
She was then ready to go under the knife (polishing). We were able t get about 80% correction on the paint
After many hours of TLC, she was done! Although not perfect, she was looking very refreshed! & ready to tackcle 2016.
We had the opportunity to work on a really awesome car, this client just bought a McLaren Mp4-12C & wanted to make sure it was well protected for the road ahead.
Overall the car was in decent shape. The paint only had a light haze, the most obvious issue was wax residue/buildup left behind on all the cracks/crevices & staining on rubber trim.
Here she is upon arrival. Started with the wheels as always, which had a fair amount of grime.
We did an Iron Decon on these wheels to prep them for Opti Coat Pro. You can see the "bleeding" effect as the iron cleaner works it's magic.
We started bright & early, luckily it was a cloudy morning so we decided to take out the foam gun for this one.
It was also at this point where we took advantage of all the foam to clean all the nooks & cranies as well as rubber trim to get rid of all unwanted wax residue.
After a thorough wash & decontamination of the car, we dried her up.
Next step was taping all the rubber trin to protect if from any polish residue & further damage.
The paint was pretty decent overall. A light haze was found throughout the car, with a few spots that required more attention.
After many hours of TLC, she was done!
We coated her with Opti Coat Pro & topped it off OptiSeal to add some extra protection & slickness while it cured for the 1st month.
This F40 was at a Ferrari service center getting some work done in order to get it ready for it's new owner. My client wanted it looking presentable, so I was to do what I could within a day. Perfection was not the goal, just as much improvement as possible.
So, here she is getting ready for a bath & decontamination to prep her for polishing.
As always, wheels are up first! Had a decent amount of iron on her shoes.
Next up was a foam bath. There was plenty of old wax & polish residue left over in cracks & crevices so we hit those with some APC & brushes during this time.
Brushing all the cracks & crevices we could get into.
After a through wash & decon, we dried her & dived into polishing.
We ade sure to get a machine on every painted surface possible, dor jambs included!
All the air vents & ducts made for some tricky machine polishing & tedious hand polishing.
After many hours givng her some TLC... she was done! Super glossy & rocking some solid protection, ready for the new owner!
Protection, Long term paint protection!
That's what our client wanted with his brand new M3.
This M3 had a couple hundred miles under it's belt, so it had its fair share of defects... and a few surprises!
Needles to say, we got it dialed in & coated! Ready for whatever comes it's way!
I was not able to get a shot upon arrival, so here she is all finished up... but lets show you how we got it to this point!
As always, wheels are our first target. Being a BMW, an M3 at that. There was quite a bit of brake dust on these wheels. We hit it with a Iron Dissolving Gel, allowing for us to give it a true deep cleaning & decontamination in order to prep for Opti Coat Pro.
The entire car then got a thorough wash, clay, iron deposit removal, & final wash. After she was dried, we saw the paints true condition.
After paint correction, Before shot of the B pillars, notoriously the softest plastics on these cars. Excuse the unwiped polish residue, but the after shot of these pillars. Some areas were riddled with holograms, before shot of rear bumper. After paint correction. Notice the linear scratches on the rear bumper. seems something was dropped or leaned against it & scrapped it as it fell. After tons of polishing we got it about 98% perfect!
Our biggest surprise was the driver side of the rear bumper! Totally trashed with sanding scratches, holograms, RIDS, you name it it was there!
After loads, and i mean loads of polishing we got it dialed in! You could say we got it looking Mighty Fine!
After all the polishing was done. we coated the exterior with a combination of Opti Coat Pro, FlyBy Forte, & CQuartz Dlux.
After 25 hours or so, we pulled her out in the sun for the first time...it was blinding!
Not a swirl to be seen!
Even the FedEx truck wanted to join in on the photo-shoot!
All set & done. She brought a few challenges but nothing we couldn't handle. Ready to tackle to world now that shes all corrected & wearing some solid protection!
All the metallic flake in the paint made it hard to capture the true amount of defects in the paint.
Here is a before shot of the hood.